I, like many who have gone before me, have fallen in love with a stupidly expensive sweater:
This is a $650 (US) Burberry sweater. That's right, they are charging $650 for garter stitch. But as you know, being a knitter means you've been behind the curtain at Oz, you know how the whole thing works. So I did what any sane knitter would do- I took that obscenely expensive sweater into the change room,whipped out my measuring tape, and made a lot of notes, very quickly:
The xs size stats are as follows:
- Length: 18.5", Bust: 31", Sleeve: 12", Waist: 29"
- Gauge: 6sts/inch (body), 7sts/inch (mandarin collar)
- Belt is a 1"-wide tube of stockinette, pressed flat. belt loops are also stockinette, sewn on.
- 2" high mandarin collar
- Edges of front panels have slipped stitch edges
- Hem has some sort of tublar cast on
- Buttons are 3" apart
- Raglan sleeves
It gets it's cuddly softness from being a squishy 70% alpaca/30% silk blend. What do you guys think? Did I miss anything in my stats gathering?