- Perfect project bag with compartments, needle holders, and even a rivet that allows for yarn to smoothly pull out.
- Matching needle roll, with 3 sets of gorgeous bamboo needles
- needle point protectors (oh, how my purse has been begging for these for years)
- 2 skeins of Bell Vallee Wools, a soft cream colour and a lovely pale grey. So thick and woolly!! I foresee hats or mittens.
- a little polar bear, perfect for guarding the knitting from would-be knitting thieves (Raaar!! stay away from the knitting!!)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
FO: Forks at Twilight
I think shawls are the perfect travel knitting. They only take one skein, they are never too heavy to drag around, and they are interesting enough to keep your attention while you sit in a car for hours on end. Over the Labour Day long weekend, I knit up this beauty: Pattern: Twilight/Gloaming Shawl Yarn: Estelle Arequipa, in 'Forest' Needles: 3.5 mm circulars Mods: I eliminated the beads, which were optional. I think the beads would be gorgeous, but I wasn't about to drag lots of tiny beads with me in the car and to the cottage. I do not bead fearlessly! This pattern comes in the full version and the shawlette version- I made the shawlette. Notes: I LOVED knitting this. Loved the pattern, loved the yarn. So much, that it only took me 3 days to knit. Oh yes, you read that right- 3 days. Admittedly, a lot of that knitting time was during the 7.5 hour drive to and from the cottage, and then during the lazy afternoons lounging at the dock. I named this shawl Forks at Twilight because I am a Twihard because the gorgeous, dark forest hue seemed like such a good match for a shawl inspired by Twilight. This shawl is the perfect solution for people who like shawls, but find all over lace a bit fussy. I have to note one of my favourite parts of this pattern- best damn shawl cast off I've ever seen. Seriously. This gave such a lovely edge, I'll never cast off a shawl any other way again. In other good knitting news, I was the lucky recipient of one of CanarySanctuary's summer funtime weekly giveaways! Check out the amazing project bag and treats that she sent: