Friday, December 16, 2011
FO: Cabled Canuck
Pattern: Cabled Canuck
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Green label in 'Sand'
Notes: I haven't done cables in ages, so I forgot how much fun they are! This hat was a perfect little hit of cabled goodness- the design is interesting, the cables are fantastic, and the design is classic.
Also, these photos were all taken in our underground parking garage. It's so hard to find good lighting this time of year, because it's pitch black by 5 p.m., and G suggested we try the well-lit parking garage. It worked out great!No more waiting for the weekend, trying to get just the right light... the parking garage was perfect, even if it was a bit boring. But G decided to jazz up the photos by trying some lomo and black and white effects. We're both excited by the discovery of this new 'studio', and thinking of ways to make the most of it over the winter!
Why yes, I am wearing my Velvet Morning cardigan!
Nathalie has tagged me with the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks so much!
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
If anyone wishes to join in, please consider yourself tagged! Let me know if you post, so I can go and read your post, too! So, seven random things about me:
1. I was a vegetarian for 16 years, from the ages of 12-28, totally by my own choice. My reasons for starting were as arbitrary as my reasons for going back to meat, and sometimes I regret it... not because meat isn't damn tasty (it totally is), but because it is fraught with so many more environmental and ethical issues. So I don't eat it every day, and I buy local/organic/antibiotic free meat. it's more expensive, but it eases my conscience when I think of those poor chickens/pigs/cows/bison/rabbits. Yeah, when I fell off the veggie truck, I fell hard.
2. Every time I move, I totally cry over losing my old place. Even if there lots of reasons to leave the place, I get really attached to physical spaces. It breaks my heart to think I'll never live there again.
3. I have an unfortunate habit of seeing comedies in movie theatres, finding something mildly funny uproariously funny, and then while everyone else in the theatre has had a polite chuckle, I'm howling with laughter, tears steaming down my face, and then I laugh even harder because I'm aware I'm the only one still laughing and that's even funnier.
4. I love peanut butter more than any other food on the planet. I call it my best friend.
5. No matter that I know about the holidays every year, I find it so hard to get my head around the sheer volume of shopping and gift giving. Every year I tell myself that I'll do a handmade Christmas and make gifts for everyone; every year I totally fail.
6. I hate shoe shopping. I'm one of the few women on the planet who is not interested in shoes beyond a practical, can't-go-walking-in-bare-feet sort of thing. I actually buy different versions of black flats and wear them almost exclusively all year long. I do have a couple other colours of flats, but it's pretty boring in my shoe closet, let me tell you.
7. Despite this lack of shoe interest, I love fashion magazines, and my favourite is the UK edition of Glamour. Total brain candy, but I love it. There are so many clothing retailers over there that we don't have here, and I'm fascinated.
That's 7! remember, if you participate, send me a message and let me know!