G calls these the best oatmeal cookies in the world... and I'm going to go ahead and agree with him.
First, let's make sure our expectations are in line. First up- these are plain, old fashioned, no-frills oatmeal cookies. There are no chocolate chips. It's not a fancy cookie. But hot damn, they are perfection. if you like a classic oatmeal cookie, then this is the cookie for you.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats*
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch off salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- In a bowl, mix together rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and molasses.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until combined, add raisins.
- Shape into 2 inch balls and arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Try not to eat them all at once.